Permits & Licenses

We know that it can be difficult to know where to go for different permits and licenses within the town.  Please see the list below to locate the board or department that can assist you.

Forms to apply for these permits and licenses can be found on our Forms page.

License or PermitBoard or Department
Alcohol (Liquor) LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Antique/Second Hand Dealer Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Automatic Amusement Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Automobile Dealers Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Beaver Control Conflict Resolution PermitBoard of Health
Birth, Death & Marriage CertificatesTown Clerk's Office
Building PermitBuidling Department
Business CertificatesTown Clerk's Office
Common Victualler Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Dog LicenseTown Clerk's Office
Electrical PermitBuidling Department
Fire Alarm System Installation PermitFire Department
Firearms PermitPolice Department
Food Establishment PermitBoard of Health
Gas PermitBuidling Department
Home Occupation PermitTown Clerk's Office
Inn Holders Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Livery Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Marriage LicenseTown Clerk's Office
Outdoor Burning PermitFire Department
Plumbing PermitBuidling Department
Public Entertainment Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Scenic Road Tree or Stone Wall Removal PermitPlanning Board
Septage Haulers LicenseBoard of Health
Septic Disposal Works Abandonment PermitBoard of Health
Septic Disposal Works Construction or Repair PermitBoard of Health
Septic Installer's LicenseBoard of Health
Shared Driveway PermitPlanning Board
Soil Testing for Septic Disposal Works PermitBoard of Health
Stable LicenseBoard of Health
Town Banner / Town Property Use PermitBoard of Selectmen
Vendors Business LicenseBoard of Selectmen
Well Construction Permit

Board of Health