The mission of the Board of Health is to provide for the health and welfare of the residents of Sterling by enforcement of State Regulations and Codes.
The Board of Health is a elected board of 3 members with 3-year terms. The board functions autonomously under the Massachusetts General Laws.
Among our many activities are:
- Monitor air and water quality - working with other state and town agencies
- Inspect food and milk retailers
- Enforce State Sanitary Code for housing violations
- Respond to nuisance complaints
- Inspect restaurants, retail store and workplace for compliance with Regulation for the Sale of Tobacco Products to Minors and the Massachusetts Smoke-free Workplace Law.
- Enforce Title 5 Regulations with regard to property transfers, new installations and repair of septic systems.
|Gary C. Menin Sr.||(2018)|
|Donna M. Clark||(2020)|