NOTE: The Select Board meets on alternate Wednesdays. The agenda for these meetings is closed at noon the Wednesday before. All requests for agenda items and supporting information must be submitted to the Administrative Assistant's office by that time. Click here to submit an agenda item request or call 978-422-8111 extension 2316. We will do our best to accommodate you. All information pertaining to agenda items should be submitted in electronic format.
Mission Statement (adopted December 10, 2012)
The mission of government of the Town of Sterling is to ensure the safety, education, and well-being of the community; to be a leader in the delivery of efficient and effective quality services that respond to community needs; to promote the continuous improvement of staff skills and performance; to encourage and environment of trust; to respect cultural and economic diversity; to continually support a strong economic base for the community; and to preserve the historic character of the community.
The Select Board is made up of three (3) members, elected for a three-year term. One member is elected each year.
The Select Board serves as the Chief Executive Officers of the Town. They are responsible for setting overall policies and town-wide goals, signing warrants, payrolls and contracts, and for overseeing many town departments via the Town Administrator.
|John F. Kilcoyne||Chair (2017)|
|Maureen Cranson||Vice Chair (2018)|
|Richard Lane||Clerk (2019)|
- 2015 Senior Tax Work-Off Application
- Adopt-an-Island Program
- Board / Committee Members' Information
- Board/Committee Openings
- Business Licenses
- Downloadable Forms
- Liquor Licenses
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation Presentation
- Neighbor to Neighbor Fund
- Posting & Interview Policy for Volunteer Boards and Committees with Vacancies (Appointment Policy)
- Request for Use of Town Property/Sign(s)
- Request to get on Agenda
- Selectmen Policies
- Senior Tax Work-off Application
- Town Scholarships
- Video Stream of Recent Select Board Meetings
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the procedure for obtaining a liquor license? How many are available in town?
- How can I get on the agenda for a Select Board meeting?
- How do I contact a member of the Select Board?
- Do the Selectmen have office hours during the day?
- What is the schedule for the Board of Selectmen's meetings? Where are the meetings held?