Resident Stickers & Guest Passes are available at the Recreation Office - Butterick Municipal Building, Basement Rm 4
It is recommended that you call the office first to ensure there is someone available to help you
Be sure to bring your current, valid vehicle registration. Stickers can only be issued to vehicles for which you present the registration.
*Stickers are intended to be used at Sholan Park. For recycling at Wachusett Watershed residents should use a license*
Resident Passes for Parking at Sholan Park
The Town of Sterling requires Resident Stickers on automobiles for parking at our Town Beach. This sticker is free to town residents.
- Resident stickers will be issued at the Town Beach by the parking attendant on duty. *We will have them at the office during the off season*
- Stickers will be issued at the Town Beach when it is open. Town Beach hours are typically Monday through Sunday, 12:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. or dusk. The Town Beach will close on days of inclement weather.
- The Town Beach operates from June 16 through August 19, 2018. If you wish to obtain a resident sticker after the beach closes for the season, please contact the Recreation Office.
- To obtain a sticker, residents must present their current, valid motor vehicle registration to the attendant on duty. Stickers cannot be issued if the registration is not current or valid.
- Each resident sticker must be adhered to the vehicle for which it was issued. Stickers cannot be passed among household vehicles.
Individuals renting in Town are eligible for a pass to use at the Town Beach. This is a paper pass which you must display in your window.
- Renters can obtain their passes from the Recreation Office at 1 Park St. only. Renter's passes cannot be issued at the Town Beach.
- Contact us at the office to schedule a time to get your renter's pass.
- Please bring a copy of your current valid vehicle registration, renting address and a copy of a recent utility bill.
Residents may request a parking pass for guests. These passes are free, but you must obtain them ahead of time at the office.
- Requests for these passes must be made at least 24 hours in advance Monday through Friday and 48 hours in advance for weekends. NOTE: the office closes Friday at 11:30 A.M.
- Passes are issued for a specific day or duration. Max duration is 1 week.
- Guest passes cannot be issued on weekends.
- Guest passes cannot be issued at the Town Beach.
- Make your request for a guest pass by completing this ONLINE FORM, in the office, or over the phone.
- Residents must provide the following information for each guest that will be parking:
- Resident's name, address, registration number and permit number (number on blue resident sticker)
- Guest's registration number, name and address.
- Residents must sign guest passes for them to be valid.
- Residents assume liability for their guests' behavior. Residents will be contacted if a registered guest causes a disturbance or destruction of property.
Non-Resident Parking Passes
2018 Non-Resident Passes on sale Monday April 2, 2018 -- WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR 2018
Please note: We are CURRENTLY located in the Butterick Municipal Building (1 Park St) in the basement.
A limited number of non-resident parking passes for access to the Town Beach is available each year, beginning on April 1st. This pass, which allows parking at the Town Beach for the entire season, is available at the Recreation Department. Non-resident parking passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must display this pass on your vehicle dashboard and the pass is only valid for the vehicle for which it was issued. The fee for this pass is set by the Board of Selectmen; for the 2018 season, the fee is $300. If you will be towing a boat, please bring your current, valid vehicle registration as well as your current, valid boat registration.