Water Use Restriction Notice
July 19, 2012
With the dry weather and hot temperatures it is imperative that all residents conserve water. In addition, the following restrictions are in effect:
Outdoor Water Use Restrictions
Based upon the street address number as follows:
- Even numbered addresses may use water outdoors: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Odd numbered addresses may use water outdoors: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- No nonessential outdoor water use from 9:00am-5:00pm on days allowed
- No outdoor use of water on Monday for any address
Residents are reminded that outdoor water use is restricted from 9am – 5pm. The ban restricts daily “nonessential” outdoor water use from public water sources.
Examples of “nonessential” outdoor water uses include:
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
- Washing of vehicles, except in a commercial car wash or as necessary for operator safety; and
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply surface treatments such as paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
Violators of the Water Use Restriction will be subject to the Town of Sterling Water Use Restriction Bylaw- section 9 with enforcement starting with a warning and education about the water ban up to fines of $200 per violation.